Tuesday, October 5, 2010

bubble bath meows

A few nights ago I was enjoying a hot bubble bath in my bathtub while reading my bible. I had shut the bathroom door for privacy since I live with a few animals and a very busy household. Throughout my bath, one of my cats named Valentine was so determined to get into the bathroom to be with me that she began to repeatedly body slam herself into the door with the hope that it would soon open. This went on for several minutes until the latch on the door finally gave way and she was able to come into the room and purrrrrrrrrr. Needless to say, my time in the tub was not as relaxing and quiet as I had originally planned. However, it did remind me of something. You see, Valentine’s persistence to be with me made me think of how devoted we should be to get to God – no matter what. While my little kitty's desire to be with her mamma had overpowered all physical pain of slamming her little body into a door – I should want to be with God more than anything, no matter how uncomfortable it is for me to get to Him. I know it’s a strange analogy, but that’s what it made me think of. My little kitty cat is a great teacher sometimes. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman