Wednesday, January 1, 2014

divine nutrients

Hello my DW loves.  Before I move forward with new blogs and thoughts in this blessed New Year, I wanted to take a moment to thank you all so much for your ongoing encouragement and continued prayers for both myself and my dear family.  I can't possibly tell you how much your supportive comments, notes, emails, and letters of encouragement have meant to us.  In fact, these typed out words I write simply don't seem sufficient enough to express my sincerest gratitude.  Rather, I find myself a bit speechless, teary-eyed, and in total love with y'all so much more!

Every day that has past since Chuck and I received the news of his job loss has felt like a week within itself.  Especially when I measure the emotional drama that seems to fester within me concerning our security, our financial losses, our questionable comforts, our immediate future, etc.  Fortunately, we have learned from previous trials to prayerfully give our stress and worries over to Jesus.  To be still and know that He will show up and save.  And always... miraculously... faithfully... God continues to reveal Himself to us!  He is trustworthy... Hallelujah!  So much so, that our daily anxieties are lifted and our burdens carried as the continued love of our precious Savior seems to override and direct us closer toward His majestic and magnetic throne.  (Thank you, Lord!)

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. (Isaiah 42:16)

I have always considered myself a prayer warrior.  Or in my case, perhaps "warrior" is too generous a word.  For when I go to God, I imagine myself as more a child with a toy sword in hand approaching the most cunning and experienced of all military generals. Nonetheless, I have always "walked and talked" with my Master through the turbulence presented on this broken earth.  And no matter how ill-equipped I may feel for a fight, I have trusted that He is always able.

However, in this new trial, I find myself almost begging God to stop the earth's very rotation so that I can catch up to Him and grab tightly onto His hand while also chain linking my other hand to the rest of my family.  This way, we can all follow his lead together - in full, single-filed submission.  In the strangest moments and in the most unusual places, I seem to insist to everyone, "I think we should pray about this or that RIGHT NOW!" And God has definitely blessed us whenever we have done so - running directly to Him in prayer.  Sure some might struggle to see where those blessings exist today since nothing has changed on the surface of our present troubles.  But trust me, His peace REALLY is everything!  His assurances become our united mantra.  His hope brings eternal focus and allows us to give back without hesitation so that we might not waiver in glorifying His holy kingdom.  Indeed, He is able!!!

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.  (Psalm 103:1-2)

Yes, prayer is so very beneficial.  Gratitude and humility are the most important of dispositions.  Our posture should always be face down in spiritual communion with the Savior.  Our hearts and mouths wide open... ready to receive and repeat to one another God's life-giving Word of divine nutrients!  We are indeed image-bearing beings created to worship the Creator with ongoing supplication, thanksgiving, and adoration, as we confess transparently and encourage one another lovingly.

So, thank you my wonderful, loving DW family for prayerfully standing beside me!  Thank you so very much for supporting in agreement OUR whole family, in Jesus Name!  Personally, I hope that God continues to allow me the great honor of encouraging you with His Word daily - here on DW's site.  For his Law is marrow to each of our bones!  His promises are new every single morning!  His presence welcomes each and every believer to mutually savor His benefits and fruit... together!  And, mmmmmmm... how wonderfully yummy and satisfying is the fruit of the one and only Redeemer!  How blessed we are as we begin this new year!  Really!!!

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.  And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. (James 3:17-18)

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. (Hebrews 13:15)

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.  Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. (Proverbs 3:1-10)

I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy... For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, but is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel (2 Timothy 1:3-4, 7-10)

Happy New Year, my DW loves.  Let us pause in speechless awe of King Jesus and prayerfully worship His beautiful Name above all other names this brand new refreshing and glorious day!

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

XOXO!

~Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman