Monday, February 2, 2015

hugging you tightly

This early morning I sit in my bath tub, filled generously with the soft, velvety Peanuts Bubble Bath that I bought at a dollar store a few weeks before.

Here I soak.  Soaking and thinking of you, dear Jesus.  How you chose to save me despite my own corruption.  How you generously offer to cleanse me from the stagnant filth I so commonly can sit and soak in.  You are my true love.  My most faithful friend. Blessed be your Name!

I notice the Peanuts characters in front of me... how Lucy hugs Snoopy on the front of my bubble bath bottle.  Her loving smile makes me think of the infinite ways you also hug me in each moment.  Her expression reminds me of your promised covenant and grace.

Ahh, Lucy and Snoopy... two who don't always see eye-to-eye.  Two who often find themselves on opposite sides of a storyline.  Yet here they sit before me - Lucy hugging Snoopy tightly just like you hug me so tightly.

And then I realize.... Am I hugging you in return?  Am I grasping onto you with total joy and love, squeezing back with all I have?  Or am I like Snoopy, still bewildered and amazed by the affection you are giving me?

Oh, that I might also hug you back with full vigor, precious Lord!  That I might move closer into your presence and love you with all my heart, soul, mind, strength.  That I might embrace your Ways as my own... daily washing my soul with your soft, cleansing Words of holy.

I recite the scripture from Philippians 4 artfully posted above my tub.  "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS!"

Yes, that is how I wish to live out every moment of every day... hugging you tightly... deliberately.  Rejoicing always and submersing myself within your soft, generous grace.

This is my story.
This is my song.
Praising my Savior... my truest love... my most faithful friend, all the day long!!!

Embrace me, Jesus.
Cover me fully.
Cleanse me from myself, and restore my heart every hour to receive your Way instead of my own.
Teach me how to eagerly grasp onto you in total joy... squeezing back with all I have to be near you!
I love you so much.

Blessed be your Name, forever!

~Victoria  

© The Devoted Woman | Victoria Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman