Monday, July 4, 2016

freedom

Today (in the United States), we celebrate our freedom. Every July 4th our nation pauses to celebrate and pay respect to all those who have gone before us and who continue to defend our right to unite together as a democratic and independent republic.

However, before we forget this annual celebration of freedom, I'd like to take a moment to address the greatest freedom of all. This freedom transcends national boundaries and is not based upon independence. In Galatians 5:1 Paul tells us, "For freedom Christ has set us free." This freedom is dependent upon a gracious Savior who offers eternal life to all who accept Him.

When Jesus went to Nazareth, he went into the synagogue and read from Isaiah, "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." In doing this, Jesus was proclaiming that He was our Savior.

True freedom is dependent upon following Jesus. As God, His life shows us the perfect role model to follow. His words teach us the commandments to obey. His love shows us truth, compassion and why He alone is worthy of all praise. We are dependent upon his grace and mercy to live eternally with Him in glory - free from sin and death. We must never forget to be thankful for this freedom.

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. (Galatians 5:13)

If you have not already accepted Jesus as your Savior and would like to know freedom from sin and death.... if you would like to have an intimate, eternal relationship with the One who made you and loves you unconditionally... start by telling Him in your own words or use this simple prayer if you desire a reference:

“Father in Heaven, until now I have been living life my own way, but I want to start living for You. I trust You. Through the working of Your Holy Spirit, I realize I’ve sinned before You and come to You in repentance. I believe that You love me so much that You sent Jesus, Your Only Son, to fully pay the penalty for my sin by dying on the cross. I receive the sacrifice Jesus made on my behalf and trust Him as my Lord and Savior. Because Jesus rose from the dead, I will live eternally in Your perfect, glorious presence.  Dear God, thank you for forgiving me, making me Your child, and preparing a place for me in Heaven.  Amen.”

If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, you are truly free indeed.  May we each seek Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hallelujah!

Blessings!

~Victoria

© The Devoted Woman | Victoria Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman