Saturday, July 9, 2016

made to give

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy. (Psalm 92:1-4)

Sometimes I forget that I was made to give.
I was made to love.
I was made to glorify my Maker.
Instead, so often, I foolishly forget and hoard to myself.
I cling tightly to this world.
I defiantly clench my fingers around things unnecessary and lusts unwarranted.

But God created me to glorify... to give... to worship in action.
My body was made to recycle His message of love and redemption;
My life displayed as a living example of His grace and care.
Surely, what goes in clearly must come out.
Which makes me consider, what do I allow going in?

All things created must process and move.
We perform correctly when we run our course, and according to Scripture, run it well.
But when we hold onto things selfishly,
We can make ourselves sick and weigh ourselves down...
Stalling progress...
Stifling success.

How I can hinder myself if I do not willingly give up, let go, release, and return every blessing that God has provided to me.
So, I must worship Him.
I must honor His Name.
I must draw all attention to His Headship.
For Jesus sacrificed His life for me in order that I might live.
Because of this, I know it is right to willingly sacrifice my life for His kingdom.
Yes, I was made to live for Christ, not myself!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2)

Sometimes I forget that I was made to give.
I was made to offer.
I was made to worship.
O Lord, use me in this holy, healthy manner.
Protect me from my own ability to hinder and stall.
Remind me that your love can overcome all my fear and failure.
Your love renews, restores, rebuilds, refreshes... Hallelujah!
So, let me glorify and give back what you have so generously blessed and bestowed upon me.
And let me do so cheerfully...
With your hope...
With your grace...
With your righteousness!
Teach me to sow my life bountifully so that others may be enriched with the good news of your eternal gift!
Let us give thanks and glorify Your Mighty Name in unwavering devotion and service.
Yours is the kingdom and the power forever, dear Lord!
Again, Hallelujah!!!

The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written,

“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.”

He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. By their approval of this service, they will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!  (2 Corinthians 9:6-15)

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Blessings!

~Victoria

© The Devoted Woman | Victoria Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman