Thursday, September 29, 2016

I Am

I am an afterthought.
The One taken for granted.
The ignored.
The assumed to be known.

I am your last minute scramble, 
A foolish man's gamble.
Your dismissed intended,
Or rather, an abused attendant,
But I am mankind's enabled defendant. 

I am walked over, talked over, given no thought over.
The Risen Begotten - a sacrifice long forgotten by hearts gone rotten.

And you, who double talk and double cross at will and with pleasure, 
Take all my gifted treasure.
Waste my wounded love...

For I will still love.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  (1 John 4:10)

By Victoria Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman