Friday, November 11, 2016

be a builder

I watched them tear a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town,
With a yo-heave-ho and a lusty yell,
They swung a beam and the side wall fell.

I asked the foreman: "Are these men skilled,
The kind you would hire if you wanted to build?"

He laughed and said, "Why, no indeed,
Just common labor is all I need.
They can easily wreck in a day or two,
What builders have taken years to do."

I asked myself, as I went my way,
Which of these roles have I tried to play?

Am I a builder, who works with loving care,
Measuring life by the rule and square,
Shaping my deeds by God's well-made plan,
Patiently doing the best I can?

Or am I a wrecker who walks the town,
Content with the chore of tearing down?
(Author unknown)



Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”  For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.  May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. (Romans 15:2-7)




© The Devoted Woman | Victoria Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman