Wednesday, November 16, 2016

peace: understanding God (part 3)

To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. (2 Peter 1:2-3)

As we continue our journey and accept God's invitation to find true peace in Him, I knew it would be monumentally important for us to review the many truths that God tells us about His character. I have learned in my own Christian walk that if I don't take necessary steps to know these truths... to memorize and meditate on them day and night... that I am more likely prone to be distracted and give into the enemy's prodding. If not corrected, this mistake can cause me to doubt God's unique excellence in my daily walk and thus rob Him of His glory in my life. If I do not accept what God has promised to be true and unchanging, I am ultimately giving into my sin by rejecting His endless, boundless love and headship. And when this happens, I am not at rest.

Because of this, I would like to share with you my list of WHO God really is so that we have a starting point - a place to measure and test every stray thought of unbelief and uncertainty against what our Redeemer has promised us to be true and unchanging. To reject these truths in our lives is to fall victim to Satan's lies. For nothing can be true and untrue at the same time. If God tells us something about His character to better understand Him, He will always continue to have that character without exception. God does not change. He was and is and is to come. He is eternal and complete. Because of this, we must labor to know and receive the following truths daily... always reminding ourselves that our lives depend upon being in God's presence. These truths are here so that we are equipped to confidently and obediently demolish all of the enemy's arguments against the knowledge and understanding of our good, perfect and holy King.

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)

God is always the same!

I the LORD do not change. (Malachi 3:6a)

In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end. (Hebrews 1:10-12)


God is always wise in what He does!

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and[a] knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! (Romans 11:33)

My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. (Colossians 2:2-4)

Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed. (Revelation 15:3-4)

God is always in control of all things!

The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. (Psalm 103:19)

For the LORD Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?(Isaiah 14:27)

Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. (Isaiah 46:9-10)

God is always trustworthy!

If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. (2 Timothy 2:13)

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. (Psalm 36:5)

God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? (Numbers 23:19)

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. (Deuteronomy 7:9)



The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

God is always present with me!

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139:7-12)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

"Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 23:24)

God will always meet my needs!

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:31-33)


God will always forgive my sin when I repent!

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you. Save me from bloodguilt, O God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem. Then there will be righteous sacrifices, whole burnt offerings to delight you; then bulls will be offered on your altar. (Psalm 51)

This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word. (Isaiah 66:2b)

God is always up to something good in my life!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died - more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. (Romans 8:26-34)

God will always give me the grace I need!

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them - yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. (1 Corinthians 15:10)

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)


God will always love me personally!

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:35-39)

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." (Jeremiah 31:3)

I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. (John 17:23)


Friends, I challenge you to hide these scriptures in your heart and remember that they are indeed true. Know them. Memorize them. Meditate upon them. Fellowship about them. Receive and accept them into your life.

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. (Psalm 119:160)

Let's commit ourselves to understanding God. Each day, let's remind ourselves of His promises and commit our ways to Him. He is ALWAYS for us! He wants what is best for us and wishes us to live healthy and holy in His eternal grace! In Him we can find true, lasting PEACE!

We only must hear and follow His invitation to COME!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy (tailor made to you) and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

Blessings!

~Victoria

© The Devoted Woman | Victoria Anderson

5 comments:

  1. i am having a really hard time right now, every word spoke to me just like god was speaking to right to me. i will give it all to him and have no worries. we serve a wonderful GOD and i know everything is going to be all right. thank you FATHER. AMEN & AMEN....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog couldn't have come to me at a better time. I will rejoice in His wonder and be excited for the plans He has for me in my life.

    Thank you Victoria for reminding me what the true goal in life is; the surrend all to the Lord our God. Trust in Him and serve Him always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. things that are real do not need to be beaten to death in word.
    be humble and think about what God truly wants us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Victoria for these reminders. It has been a difficult week for me. I'm missing my husband and things are looking very dim financially for me at the moment.
    Reading these promises has restored my hope and reminded me that God is there for me. I don't need to feel alone or lonely because He is caring for me and my needs.
    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for these words Victoria, these words NEVER CHANGE, for this I am truly thankful. God Bless you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved

All articles and content posted to this website are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent of Victoria Anderson.

© Copyright | All Rights Reserved Victoria Anderson | The Devoted Woman

Translate This Page...