Friday, December 16, 2016

let the celebration begin! (Part 2)

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this. (Isaiah 9:6-7)

Wonderful Counselor. Mighty God. Everlasting Father. Prince of Peace. Upon further study of these traits, scripture shows us that these names belong to the Judean understanding of kingship. Hallelujah! Isaiah's text is indeed announcing a coming King! But not just any King. This King is to be messianic! For He will reign FOREVER on David's throne! And He will do so with justice and righteousness!

Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David! Hosanna in the highest heaven! (Mark 11:10)

This is the Savior, Jesus the Christ! He is the amazing God with whom we may place all our trust and ask for guidance. This is the child born to us. The Son given to mankind so that we may know righteousness! This is the Messiah who comes to illuminate His Light to all the world so that we may once again enter His kingdom gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise.

Really, let the celebration begin TODAY! Rejoice! For our Messiah comes!

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24, KJV)

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 100)

Wonderful Counselor! There are many words that describe "Wonderful". The interesting thing about this description is that the word is not only used as an adjective for the coming King... it is actually His Name: WONDERFUL! Wonderful: meaning great, extraordinary, fine, excellent, marvelous, amazing, terrific, fantastic (to name a few). Another Name he holds is COUNSELOR! Counselor... meaning advisor, advocate, guide, instructor, model, mentor, teacher, helper, confidant, friend, tutor, leader. This King does not need to seek after the counsel of others or the advisement of men. On the contrary. This King is infinitely wise and all knowing. He generously offers His correct and perfect counsel to anyone who seeks Him. This is a King Who GIVES to His people... to us!

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them? For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. (Romans 11:33-36)

It should come as no surprise to learn that if we obediently bow down and love this Wonderful Counselor, and if we chose to consistently follow His Way with all our heart... we will be exposed to His everlasting wisdom and grace. As such, we can faithfully share with others WHO is really WONDERFUL! Be mindful - our counsel should not work opposite of His. Life should not be mandated by our own personal feelings or opinions. For no person can measure up in wisdom and knowledge to the living Word. Think about it. Jesus never asked for the opinion of His disciples, or anyone else for that matter. He did not come seeking approval to follow the ways of the world in order to build up His own self esteem or find His path. Rather, this Savior comes to fulfill His Father's will. Jesus comes to redeem and save those who will receive Him exclusively and unapologetically as Lord!

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21)

All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. (Matthew 11:27)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. (John 1:14&18)
So, let us celebrate and praise Him as we follow the Wonderful Counselor... the Messiah who always knows and never questions His Father's will! This is the Shepherd who orders our every step by way of His comforting rod and staff. What wonderful authority and peace He brings to His flock! What wonderful teaching and advise He offers to those who seek and follow and trust Him through the darkness of this sinful world! So, fear no evil! For in His care, we lack nothing. In His arms we can be still and know that HE IS GOD!

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:1-4)
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalm 46:10)

May we each learn to seek and trust the wonderful counsel of this coming King at every moment and every stage of our lives. Through every trial, test, path, and circumstance, may we always and only seek after Jesus, The Way, and let our light shine the illuminating hope of God's anointed, perfect Son! To us a Son is given for this very purpose!

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

Teach me, LORD, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared. Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good. How I long for your precepts! In your righteousness preserve my life. May your unfailing love come to me, LORD, your salvation, according to your promise; then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in your word. Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. I will always obey your law, for ever and ever. I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame, for I delight in your commands because I love them. I reach out for your commands, which I love, that I may meditate on your decrees. Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands. Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. (Psalm 119:33-48; 129-133)

As the Lord zealously gives Himself to us, let us unreservedly give ourselves today (and every day)... TO JESUS!

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come! (Revelation 4:8)

Merry, Merry Christmas and Blessings in Jesus' Holy Name!

~Victoria

© The Devoted Woman | Victoria Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This Page...

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved...

All articles and content posted on this blog are protected by the copyright laws of the United States (17 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) and similar laws in other countries. No part of this website may be used in whole or in part without prior written consent from the author.

Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The Devoted Woman